Friday, January 14, 2011

Haunted Forest

(2007) *1/2

A group of friends wander into an Indian forest to find a mysterious cursed tree and a secret burial ground. Their goal to release the tortured Indian spirit of Satinka who was trapped in the tree a long time ago. First mistake, there's a reason someone trapped her in a tree so just leave well enough alone and go live your life. Nope! One by one the friends get picked off by the angry tree spirit.

I realize that I rated this film brutally low but the entire thing is a blatant ripoff of J-horror. Take the coolest looking ghosts from The Ring & The Grudge and serve them up with a huge helping of American cheese and you'll have Haunted Forest. I just got more and more pissed off as I watched it. What a shame to see such lack of originality.

4 comments:

JPX said...

A January review! Damn, this was one I wanted to check out but it sounds like it's to be avoided. You're making me feel guilty about the reviews I still have to write...

Catfreeek said...

I'm trying to knock out the rest, 50P inspired me.

Octopunk said...

Hey! I wrote a review in January! And 50P inspires you by writing about how he didn't write any? Whatta woild!

Catfreeek said...

Ha! It was 50's wrap up that motivated me. Pooooooor Octo

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...