Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nominated for an Edgar!


We just found out that 7 Souls, the supernatural teen thriller I wrote with my genius friend Barnabas Miller, has been nominated for a (frigging) Edgar Award!

What are the Edgars? Glad you asked: "Each Spring, Mystery Writers of America present the Edgar® Awards, widely acknowledged to be the most prestigious awards in the genre. This year marks the 65th anniversary of the Gala Banquet." (More info.)

I can't believe it! Nominated for an award, and attending a (frigging) Awards Banquet! I think I need some lithium or tequila or something! Wow!

6 comments:

HandsomeStan said...

That's seriously awesome, man - I meant to do a long post about how much I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but time got away from me.

Congratulations, and VERY well-deserved!

Landshark said...

Fantastic news, Jordan.

Which reminds me, I need to write up my course proposal on adolescent ficiton for next fall. 7 Souls will be required reading, literally.

AC said...

congratulations, jordan!

Catfreeek said...

Wow Jordan that's fantastic news. Good luck and congratulations!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Congrats Jordan! I loved 7 Souls as well and couldn't put it down. I also lent it to a couple of friends who shared in my enthusiasm. Have you read any of the books from your competition? What are you going to wear? Speech prepared? Kickass news!

50PageMcGee said...

i gunned through it in about 2 days, and it's a superb read.

i've already talked to you about this, but one of my favorite things about the book is that it has high expectations of its readership. it's written smartly, the language has nuance and there are really strong ideas everywhere.

fine piece of work, jordan. enjoy the banquet, and my sincerest congratulations.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...