Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rabies

(2010) ****1/2

This awesome recommendation from JSP has everything we’ve come to love in a great horror flick. There is suspense, humor, unexpected plot twists, blood & gore and a decent helping of pipe-in-the-ass as well. I can even add it to my list of films with tongue wagging (bleheheheh) thanks to the nagging wife in the car towards the end. It begins with a couple in the woods, the woman has gotten herself caught in a trap and you think you have a pretty good idea where the film will go from here, I thought I did anyway but this is not a slasher in the woods film by far. We then join two young couples on an outing and still I thought, slasher in the woods is gonna kill young people, right? Nope, think again. This film takes a number of unexpected turns and never misses a beat in the process. It’s a fast paced intelligent horror flick that will keep you on your toes the entire time. That’s all I want to say for fear of giving too much away, if you liked Severance you will love Rabies, its not near as goofy but has the same feel to it. Great find JSP I’d say I owe you one but I think I’ve covered that debt already.

4 comments:

Landshark said...

Hm, this sounds excellent. All I'm seeing is a $9.99 price via Amazon instant streaming. Where'd you find it?

Crystal Math said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I was surprised at how awesome this turned out to be.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Landshark - I got it in the mail from Netflix.

Catfreeek - Yeah! I'm proud to have recommended this to you. Needless to say you have covered that debt and then some. Your recommendations have fueled my October to steady awesomeness.

Octopunk said...

Aw you guys.

Way to entice without revealing, Cat.

(not sarcastic)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...