Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead

(1994) ***1/2

 Again this film picks up exactly where the last one left off. So Mike and Reggie keep on hunting the Tall Man. I know it sounds redundant, but each film really is different As the films progress each one steps up the effects a little more and reveals a little more about the Tall Man and his origin. In Phantasm III they made the decision to go back to the original actor for Mike, although the replacement Mike was probably a little better of an actor I was happy to see the real Mike all grown up and back in action. I’m finding it really tough to review these films, there are so many random moments thrown in it’s really hard to explain why they are good, they just are. Funny thing is, I thought to myself why not review the Phantasm franchise, it’ll be easy. I don’t think I’ve ever been this dumbstruck at my keyboard before. Just trust me, if you haven’t watched these films then do yourself a favor and put them on your list for next year. If you don’t believe me then truck on over to the monster list and check out the fine reviews by Octo, he’ll back me up.


3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I have been meaning to revisit these movies. Sounds like you're having fun combing through them.

Abduscias said...

Love the picture! Looks like he's farting bubbles!! :)

DKC said...

I think #2 was the last one I saw. It's good to know they still deliver at least through the third one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...