Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Others respond to Zombie

From Iwatchstuff, "If something inside you desired another Halloween movie, allow yourself a brief moment of excitement. It was announced that Rob Zombie, director of House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, will write and direct a new version of the classic:

I think the story and the situation is scary. All it needed was someone to come in and to take a totally different approach to make it scary again. To me, that's the challenge and that's the fun. Everything that has come before does not figure into this one. That series is done.
Since Mr. Zombie is looking to reinvent the series, I thought I'd offer up some ideas I always had for it.

1. Set it on a different holiday. Halloween is too cliched for scary movies. Scariness is more surprising if you don't expect it. Like on Christmas.
2. Call it a different name, maybe named after the new holiday. Like Christmas: The Movie.
3. Give villain Michael Myers a new look. A white beard, for instance. How about a weight problem?
4. Involve the exchange of gifts.
5. Caroling."

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

I didn't make anything on that Deathmatch Rob Zombie, but I remember the mold for his hat kicking around. Think I made me some 'a them hats.

JPX said...

Is Deathmatch on again? I can't tell if they're creating new episodes or re-running your old show.

Octopunk said...

They had enough eps for syndication. Have you seen it on somewhere? I just pulled that pic from a RZ fansite.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...