Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wicker Man trailer


We haven't had any news on this potentially disasterous remake for a while. Moviesonline reports, "Apple just posted the trailer for the upcoming "The Wicker Man". Nicolas Cage stars in the movie which story follows a sheriff investigating the disappearance of a young girl on a remote island off the coast of Maine. His hopes of unraveling the girl's disappearance become increasingly uncertain when he discovers evidence of pagan rituals. Director Neil LaBute's "The Wicker Man" comes to cinemas September 1st and is a remake of Robin Hardy's 1973 thriller. LaBute directs the movie for which he also has written the adaptation for. To watch the trailer in various Quick Time formats just click right here.

4 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Dagnabbit! I can't access this at work and my internet at home is down until tomorrow. Did anyone watch this yet?

JPX said...

My computer at work won't play it wither, Octo?

Octopunk said...

Okay, I just watched it. Were I a newcomer, it might be a potentially intriguing trailer, but knowing what I know, I'm not too happy. It starts with a flashback to Cage the motorcycle cop failing to save a little girl from a fiery explosion, then it says "a man LOST" or "a lost man," I forget. You get the idea.

From there it's a bunch of teasy shots of townspeople being weird and Cage running around and whatever. It didn't quell any of my doubts.

I have to see the original again.

Octopunk said...

But I mean just look at that picture! In the original, the Wicker Man sat high atop a hill overlooking the sea. This one is in some scrubby clearing overlooking nothing. Snore.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...