Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Superman Returns


Yaay! It was good. I'll give it four and a half stars.

It's too far past my bedtime for me to get into this too deep, and I don't want to spoil anything, so here's some points:

-- The opening credits are just like those for the original Superman, except you're not peeing in your pants waiting for them to end. They're faster and there's cool shit going on in the background.

-- In general, a really good job of invoking the original vibe.

-- Not too much Jimmy Olsen, and Lois's kid hardly ever talks. None of that cutesy stuff you can't stand, JPX.

-- I would have liked another action set piece, but the charactization, mood, theme, all that stuff was well handled.

-- I was glad to know as little as I did about it going in, and suggest you do the same.

-- I got to see a cool Spiderman 3 trailer, too.

2 comments:

JPX said...

The liottle kid hardly talks? Woo-hoo! Thanks for assuaging my fears, Octo, it was my biggest concern about this film. Remember Short Round?

Octopunk said...

I do indeed.

Man, I had the Superman theme in my head as soon as I woke up today. I wish I had that on my iPod.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...