Thursday, June 15, 2006

The puppets return


From Aintitcoolnews, "This is a scan of a promotional flyer for POWER OF THE DARK CRYSTAL (is it just me, or does this title sound like the slogan for an energy drink?. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of THE DARK CRYSTAL (I thought it was extremely dull), I'm tremendously curious to see how this project turns out -- this is the type of filmmaking I wish there was more of these days.
IMDB says Trevor Jones will return to score; I'm hoping this is actual instead of presumption. To my ears, his work has improved tremendously since the original film. I'd love to hear what he might do this time around."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Curious. Puppets and CGI? I can't really think of anything to compare this to, besides the original and Labryinth, which of course have no CGI.

I like Genndy Tartakovsky though, so it could be interesting.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...