Thursday, April 26, 2007

I can top that!


My favorite Happy Meal toys ever were these guys, the Changeables, transforming robots whose disguised forms were McDonald's products. As you can see, they enjoyed a wide range of deception. Some of them were disguised as the food itself, some looked like the packaging, and then the frybots incorporated both concepts.

I still love the absurdity of the idea -- for safety, disguise yourself as food!

"Argh! Burgertron's been half-eaten! Why oh why didn't we see this coming?"

1 comment:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I remember those things!

The problem with the Fry-bots is that you can't eat them. Well I suppose you could but it wouldn't have the nutritional value that... wait a second, they're probably better for you than a happy meal.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...