Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Do you want sprinkles on that?

From iwatchstuff, In a bit of not surprising casting news, cult icon and gaunt creep Crispin Glover has been cast as a gaunt, creepy ice cream man in the cleverly-named indie horror picture The I Scream Man. With a cast that includes other classic actors like Tom Sizemore, Judd Nelson, and Haylie Duff, producers hope idiot movie renters will be drawn to the DVD's sure-to-be-awesome, probably-somewhat-unrelated cover art and list of "stars" before realizing that the title doesn't really make that much sense.

I Scream Man Fact: Seriously, "The I Scream Man"? What is that implying, that he screams? I thought he was supposed to be the one making people scream. And even if it ends up he is the one screaming, that doesn't mean he'd be called "The I Scream Man." I compulsively masturbate, but it doesn't mean I'm called the "I Masturbate Man." I'm just "That Masturbating Guy." They are really stretching here.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I always like to see Crispin Glover get work, but come on…a creepy ice cream man? That seems so played out. Maybe there hasn’t actually been a movie about an evil ice cream man, but friggin’ Todd McFarlane put a serial killer ice cream man in the early issues of Spawn. If that doesn’t indicate Played Out, then Jonathan “Short Round” Ke Quan will emerge as the next big action hero.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...