Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This sucks

From WWTDD, "This is news to me but apparently film critic Roger Ebert had cancer and things didn't go well, and now he looks like Darth Vader without the mask. In anticipation of what will be said about him when he attends a Chicago film festival this weekend,

Ebert explains his condition:
What happened was, cancer of the salivary gland spread to my right lower jaw. A segment of the mandible was removed. Two operations to replace the missing segment were unsuccessful, both leading to unanticipated bleeding.A tracheostomy was necessary so, for the time being, I cannot speak. I make do with written notes and a lot of hand waving and eye-rolling. The doctors now plan an approach that does not involve the risk of unplanned bleeding. If all goes well, my speech will be restored.

I need to go finish screaming. Brb."

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I bet Gene Siskel is feeling like he made the right move by checking out early.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...