Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This prequel thing is getting awfully silly

From CHUD, "Fletch Won, the Fletch prequel that Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence is working on, won’t be starring his beloved Dr. Dorian – Zach Braff has dropped out of the project.

"Zach is writing and directing his own film [Open Hearts] at Paramount," Lawrence told TV Guide. "I'm very happy for him. We were looking forward to doing this thing together, but when you get an opportunity like that, you've got to take it."

I find myself unable to care either way. As one of Braff’s last hetero male defenders, even I have come to a point where I find the actor unctuous in the extreme, and after Scrubs’ latest season of almost no laughs, I can’t find the ability to muster must interest in anything related to that show any longer.Lawrence is now in NYC looking for a new Fletch. I’d recommend Trevor Moore from The Whitest Kids U Know, because he has that same pompous charm that Chevy Chase had, but they’re probably looking for a bigger name. "

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Why a prequel? Why why why? Why make anything that has anything to do with this nothing movie? Argh.

One day JPX and I went to the mall with the annoying duo of Gary and Jonathan. They saw Fletch while JPX and I did stores. On the drive home they couldn't stop talking about the non-stop hilarity we'd missed, and of course the movie wound up disappointing me after that build up. Maybe I'm just still annoyed at that lame situation; Gary had this habit of talking up experiences that I'd missed just to make his life seem better.

Anyway: why? I'm still waiting for an answer.

JPX said...

Oh God, it's virtually impossible to convey how annoying Gary was! He was the type of guy who would endlessly quote Caddyshack and make that annoying "Na na na na" sound that Chase made when putting golf balls.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...