Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Pam's head up for grabs!

From x-entertainment, "I've done more damage to my savings through eBay that I'll ever admit, but sometimes, an item hits that arbitrary, unattainable price that forces me to pass on bidding and spend the rest of my life stuffed with piercing regret. $2000 or not, I can't believe I'm not going to buy the severed head of Pamela Voorhees. Check out the auction here, or click here for a screengrab if you're reading this months later.

It's, bar none, the coolest movie prop I've ever seen on eBay, and that list includes an animatronic Gremlin and a latex Michaelangelo costume from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. It's the prop head used in the final scene from the original Friday the 13th flick back in 1980, where heroine Alice grew a set and chopped Jason's mother's head clear off her body.
The dealer for this one is pretty reputable, so I'll take his word at face value: There were no duplicate heads made for the film. This is the only one — the one we saw onscreen, in ridiculous slow motion. It's the severed head that inspired a thought-dead mongoloid to don a hockey mask and gut everyone from Kevin Bacon to Crispin Glover. It's the thing I'd rip out a kidney and gladly hand over in trade for.

I want it. I really, really want it. Wonder if he'll sell it on layaway.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Man, what is it this week with the flying heads?

I don’t think I’d want that thing. I did some freelance work at a place called M5 some time ago, which is run by one of the two guys on Mythbusters. They had a leftover prop from the movie Jade, which was a fake corpse of a chubby naked white guy who’d been tortured to death. I never saw the movie, I think he was a senator or something. Anyway, they kept the thing in the bathroom and the novelty wore off almost immediately. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

lmao!!! ewww x's 10

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...