Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yep, Hulk still green

We’ve just started reporting on Marvel’s new movie version of the Hulk and I’m already sick of reporting on it. It’s going to be a long, tedious year of production rumors. I can tell. It might help if Avi Arad would take this whole thing more seriously, or if conversely the reporters who interview him were smart enough to pick up on when he’s joking. See, apparently Avi was just kidding around last week when he said, “It's a new Hulk, new direction, new size, new color.”

Now he says not so much. Arad recently told Empire Online, “It was a joke! Here’s what it was. There were 30 people around a table, and they said ‘is there going to be a grey Hulk?’ And I was thinking about it and I said, ‘who knows?’ It was one of those moments. I had just got back from Japan and I was trying to talk about Spider-Man and this guy was pushing me on The Hulk so I thought I’ll be coy. I don’t know what colour it is, and all of a sudden it’s headline news.”

Thanks Avi for wasting our time. So it’s going to be green. Only Arad says he’ll be a different shade of green. I’m hoping for lime myself. Or here’s a better idea. Let’s forget the whole thing and go back to rolling Lou Ferrigno around in paint.

2 comments:

JPX said...

By the way, I'd much prefer if they went with the Hulk I pictured than any CG crappy Hulk.

Octopunk said...

Hmmm. I don’t think I agree. Yes, the Hulk in the first flick had some serious realism problems (he always reminded me of certain sci-fi paintings that I have in some book somewhere, the problem being that he actually looked like he was painted into the shots), but I don’t think a live, painted actor will do it. The Hulk is the manifestation of unchecked nuclear rage, he’s got to be larger than life.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...