Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer o' Sufferin' 2 (or) What the Fuck?!



I'm not as clever/talented as JSP, so no CD or Album Art from me. Not sure if I am posting for sympathy, or to vent, or just to say WTF to the universe out loud.

So you guys know that my Dad was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, and he goes into the hospital tomorrow to start the nastiest of the chemo medications, and will be in the hospital for a week. Well that sucks, but tolerable.

(WAIT.....THE UNIVERSE ISN'T DONE YET!!)

We just found out recently that The Swede's mom has a recurrence of Breast Cancer, and found out Friday, she will be getting the radical surgery on Tuesday. No advance notice.

SOOOOOOO. After paying the airline industry a mortgage payment for the honor of paying for a pillow, and drinks, the Swede is leaving tomorrow for Sweden for a week to be with her family. That means......

Miko will be home for the next 8 days, and nights, with a 3 1/2 year old and a 10 month old all by his lonesome. Yikes!

That's all, sorry for the uber-personal vent, and downer, but this weekend sucked!

6 comments:

JPX said...

Hey Miko I'm sorry to hear about all the stress your family s going through right now. I had a friend go through breast cancer, including full mastectomy, last year and she's doing terrific today. I hope things get better for all of you guys.

I'm also sorry that I must bury your heartfelt post with tons of meaningless posts.

AC said...

miko, sorry for the bad news about your mother-in-law. what a summer of highs and lows for our horrorthon clan. :(

have you figured out a coping strategy for your week with the bambinos? can we help in any way (commiseration, distraction, dropping the issue entirely, etc.)?

btw, wtf, where's the spoiled teen nanny when you need her? probably drinking pomegranate martinis on a yacht somewhere, telling her friends that her parents aren't rich. boo.

DKC said...

Oh dude. So sorry for all the suckage!!!

Please send all of our good wishes to Katie and her family. And know they are coming your way as well for the week ahead for you and your Dad.

Thinking of you!

Whirlygirl said...

Miko, I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. The universe sucks. It likes to kick you when you're down. We will all have to come up with some entertaining blog posts to try and distract you.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Sorry to hear of your woes Miko. Hang in there. 3 1/2, eh? Isn't that the age where all they do is run around screaming and peeing?

In any case, life can be unpredictable and tragic at times. You can either feel sorry for yourself or gather all of your strength, stay clear-headed and come out stronger than ever. Luckily the Miko I know is one tough mofo.

miko564 said...

Thanks all! Not sure why I even posted, except that with the fam and everyone I know (in person like) I am the strong, rock-like one. I guess posting frustration is a good outlet.

AC, I do have one unfortunate coping mechanism. I have been smoking all the cigarettes Desroc has been resisting so well... I know, two cancers, and I smoke, genius.

JPX, I would feel the world was even more off-kilter if you didn't post.

Whirly, I guess you have to break out some of your shocking stories.

DCD, thanks. It sounds trite, but the knowledge your thinking of us really does help.

JSP, sorry to steal your SoS. No, the girl only screams, the toilet part is handled. Yeah, tough enough I guess, but to be honest, whining a little about it helps.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...