Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Will Whirlygirl sing in the park today?


I have this crazy friend that’s involved with this group that sings in the park for fun. Last time they got together they sang a Czechoslovakian song on the stairs at Brown University. I’m absolutely dying to see this, but my friend has warned me that she’ll never forgive me if I come as a spectator and if I want to see it then I must sing. I said I’d lip-sync like I did in seventh grade chorus, but apparently they huddle in a circle and it will be obvious to everyone that I’m not really singing. They will be at a park right down the street from me so I feel obligated to go, but should I sing my heart out or spy from behind a tree? For me singing in public is almost the equivalent of public speaking so it would be good for me, I suppose. It could end up being fun. Maybe I should let loose and let these group of strangers, that I’m sure wouldn’t be paying attention to me anyway, hear my terrible singing voice. It’s a dilemma.

9 comments:

JPX said...

At first glance I thought it was a KKK rally.

You should sneak there and take pictures. I agree, you singing would be like Lucille Ball singing during her Here's Lucy days, "Viviaaaaaaan!"

Whirlygirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whirlygirl said...

JPX, are you saying that my singing resembles a severe smoker's voice?

You've never heard me sing in your life. I could have a beautiful singing voice for all you know.

And that was my deleted comment and I was totally saying that JPX sucks.

JPX said...

When I saw that deleted comment I assumed that it said "JPX sucks!" Ah, low self-esteem, you're my good buddy, I can always count on you being there for me.

"Viviaaaaaaan!!"

Octopunk said...

You should go see them but wear a pair of Groucho glasses. Works every time.

Catfreeek said...

I think you should go for it Whirly, sing your heart out loud & proud. You only live once. If you don't let loose and try these things, just once anyway, you'll always wonder, what if...

Go for it but umm...can you have someone else hide behind a tree & take pictures so we can see. Maybe a video would be best, yeah.

Catfreeek said...

Besides, if that is the costume you'd wear no one would recognize you anyway.

DKC said...

You should totally go for it. I mean, I'm assuming your friend knows you don't have the best singing voice? If she still wants you there I think you should just do it. Belt it out DCD style!!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Nah, I vote the opposite. Why not just cut the middle man and wear a diaper on your head while shouting obscenities?

Public singers... Blech. Second only to the Mormons as far as irritants if you ask me.

If I were in RI right now I would try to rescue you from making a decision you may regret for the rest of your life..

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...