Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WB Launches Hulu Competitor


From slashfilm, Warner Bros is launching a Hulu competitor on TheWB.com, which will include ad supported seasons of popular WB shows like Friends, The OC, Veronica Mars, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Smallville.

According to TechCrunch, the site will offer a bunch of features not offered by Hulu or other television network sites. For example, you will be able to search the entire library for words spoken within the episodes. I can see this being useful for someone trying to find a certain episode, or even a certain part of an episode. They will also have a feature which will allow users to mash-up selected clips from each show and embed the result on their own sites.

4 comments:

JPX said...

I can't remember who recommended www.Hulu.com a few months ago but I love it! I'm currently working my way through Lou Grant.

Oh Lou, you lovable curmudgeon, will you ever find happiness?

miko564 said...

That was me JPX, 'cause I fell in love with it when all GE employees got access to the Beta version a couple months before it launched.

Hulu was where I finally saw Firefly...and then watched all the episodes the next day.

JPX said...

Thanks, miko, Hulu is cool-u! Okay, that was awful. Is Hulu always going to be a free site?

miko564 said...

As far as I know. It appears the revenue-stream is accomplished through advertising.

I just used "revenue-stream" in a sentence. I am now going outside to hug a tree to try to offset my offense...

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...