Sunday, November 25, 2012

American Horror Story


I believe I'm the first to bring up this series on the blog and I am wondering how many of you are watching it. As season 2, The Asylum, is in full swing I once again find myself drawn into what has got to be one of the edgiest TV series' I've ever seen. One of the most unique and intelligent things about AHS is the decision to make the second season a whole new story. When season one, involving a couple moving into a notoriously haunted murder house, wrapped up it seemed final and I thought okay where is this going to go? Then season two comes out with Asylum and it is fantastic. A few of the actors from season one are carried over (Jessica Lange, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson) but in entirely different roles. If you are not watching then let me recommend it to you, season one is now available on Netflix. Great stuff, I love it when horror breaks into the mainstream.

7 comments:

Landshark said...

Cool, I've seen some buzz for this on FB, but now that it's got the Catfreek stamp of approval, I'm in.

Catfreeek said...

Tony gives his stamp as well:)

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've had it in my Netflix queue for a while but it's in the "very long wait" availability so hopefully I'll get it by 2020.

Catfreeek said...

It's available for Netflix streaming too

JPX said...

I’ve heard about this show on numerous occasions but I was never really clear what it was about. I’m delighted to hear that each season is essentially a mini series with an ending. Just think how much better Twin Peaks would have been had the show ended after Laura Palmer’s murderer was revealed. Thanks for the tip, Cat, I think I’ll pick up the first season!

Catfreeek said...

Let us know what you think.

Octopunk said...

I've seen billboards for this all over the place but for some reason I've been doubting the hype. Glad to hear it's got merit.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...