Monday, October 03, 2016

Baskin


(2015)****

Creepy as hell!

A group of police officers while responding to a call for backup stumble through a netherworld and wind up at the gates of hell. Not for the squeamish, this Turkish delight borders somewhere between Hellraiser and Hostile with a little Jacob's Ladder thrown in for good measure. As the story enfolds you find yourself drawn deeper into this complex world. There are hints throughout leading to the inevitable fate of these men and the deplorable payoff does not disappoint in the least. Mehmet Cerrahoglu is the creepiest dude I've seen on film since being frightened by Michael Berryman in the The Hills Have Eyes back when I saw it in 1977. This beauty is streaming on Netflix and I tell you it is a must see!

8 comments:

JPX said...

All I can think of is "Baskin Robbins"! This sounds demented in a good way. I love the premise of Hellraiser so I'm in! God I would punch my grandmother right now for some ice cream.

Catfreeek said...

Haha! JPX you crack me up!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

He looks like Wallace Shawn!

Catfreeek said...

A exaggerated version of him, yeah kinda, hahahaha!

AC said...

Sounds amazing but may not be too biddy friendly based on your review!

Catfreeek said...

You could handle it AC you've watched worse.

DKC said...

I was thinking the same thing, AC!
JPX, that's not very nice for your Grandmother!

Octopunk said...

Yeah jeez, I hope you got your ice cream without hurting anyone.

I kind of love stories about accidentally finding the gateway to Hell, even though a number of them are suckfests.

Score one for the Turks!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...