Sunday, October 16, 2016

Someone is Watching

(2000 TV movie) ****
Cory’s mother Michelle is delighted to move into a new home: the neighborhood seems safer, the community friendlier, and their landlord is available to help at a moment’s notice. Michelle befriends a quirky neighbor Sally (portrayed by Margot Kidder) and even gets a little romantic with the local Detective Joe Carvelli.

Things start to get fishy when Cory’s playmate is influencing him with stories of domestic violence, which Cory channels through art time at his school and scares his teacher. Cory begins distancing himself from his friends and his mother but she isn’t too proactive about stopping it because she sees it as a phase her son is going through. And the landlord's son seems to have a few loose screws.

There are many twists and turns in Someone is Watching which makes it enjoyably suspenseful for a TV movie. I also admit that aside from Margot Kidder, the rest of the cast is unfamiliar to me so it helped me get lost in the movie without seeing stars instead of people.

4 comments:

AC said...

Nice discovery, sounds creepily enjoyable.

JPX said...

Before I read a word I was going to say that the "poster" looks like a made-for-TV movie! I love MFT and this sounds like fun! Now I have that damn song stuck in my head, "I always feel like somebody's watching me...

...and I have no privacy"

DKC said...

That's because somebody is watching you, JPX.... Bwah HA HA!
(Evils laughs are hard to get across in type..)

Catfreeek said...

Sound like you unearthed a good one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...