Saturday, October 29, 2016

House of Good and Evil (2013)

***

So imagine a "soon to be" talented writer building his very first script.  That is this picture.  It has potential.  The story starts in the city where you see a couple having a fight, domestic abuse happens.  The next scene, you have the pregnant wife and husband rushing to the hospital for the delivery.  I will leave the rest from here to you.
Then following scene, they are driving up a very country road to their new home.  No TV, no telephone, no cell, the place runs on generator.  Sounds heavenly to me, but not in the flick. Anyway.. the movie is about a woman going crazy.  Nothing new, I know, but the ending was a great twist.  I thought I had it figured out, but I was wrong.
No special effects.. Heavy mood..  Rather enjoyable.

1 comment:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Nice review - I'm sold!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...