Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tourist Trap

(1979) **

A carload of teenagers get sidetracked by car woes, which leads them on a search for help and quickly to a now-defunct museum run by a weird but friendly old coot (Chuck Connors).  Before long the youngsters are being menaced by a mysterious telekinetic killer who creates and psychically manipulates mannequins.

Urg, I had heard and read good things about this movie so was pretty disappointed.  Without question, if I had seen it as a teenager, it would have scared the bejesus out of me, but the predictable plot and excessive helplessness of the young women (running into the woods and falling down is rarely an effective move) detracted from the potential creepiness of the animated mannequins. Curious whether others have seen this and found it scary in its day?

3 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I never heard of this one AC but it sounds right up my alley so I may venture in.

JPX said...

I thought I reviewed this one but I must have been lazy! I remember enjoying it for its weird animatronics, but, yeah, it's not a good movie!

DKC said...

Bummer it was no fun because creepy mannequins sound promising!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...