Monday, October 10, 2016

Darling


(2015)***

Darling is hired to be the caretaker of a historical old house. The legend of the house is riddled with stories of cult worship, suicide, hauntings and a mysterious door that remains locked and inaccessible. It doesn't take long before the house begins working on her psychological stability, as Darling begins to unravel she finds herself doing unspeakable things.

She's got those crazy eyes

I wanted to like this more than I did but so many aspects of it screamed film school project. The plot was familiar but one that has proven time and again to work quite nicely when it's done right. Now don't get me wrong here the film does possess some game and there are a few surprises along the way as well. What goes wrong for me is the weird camera flashes and all too much focus on Darling's crazy eyes. They also pull one load of bullshit that I absolutely hate, don't tempt me through an entire film with a mysterious door then when it is finally opened refuse to show me what is inside. Man, that pisses me off to no end! Watch it or don't, available for streaming on Netflix.

4 comments:

AC said...

Life's too short... I'll skip this one.

Trevor said...

The anticlimax - so frustrating.

JPX said...

Hmmmm, your lower than glowing review tells me to skip it! Thanks for adding it to the data base!

DKC said...

Agreed. You took one for the team on this!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...