Thursday, May 31, 2007

Leathernecks

From iwatchstuff, Shooting has just wrapped on Leathernecks, a 1920s football movie directed by George Clooney and written by Clooney and Steven Soderbergh. The plot, according to co-star Jonathan Pryce:

George plays for a ragtag, over-the-hill football team. They attract John Krasinski, star college football player to come and play. I’m [his] sleazy agent and manager,” Pryce divulged. “[There’s a] bit of a scandal involved. Renee Zellweger, ace reporter, is dispatched to expose [it].”

My only hope on this one is that everyone talks like they're in a 20s gangster movie, or the Hudsucker Proxy.

"Lookey heah, see? I though I toldja to button hook. Now hand me the pigskin, and make it snappy, see?"

2 comments:

JPX said...

Given that I despise all things football I'm not sure if this is interesting news or not.

Octopunk said...

Heck, I’m down with it just for that picture of bobble-head Clooney.

Hmm. If he really looked like that, and they made a bobble-head out of him, the proportional head increase would result in a bobble-head so large it would constantly fall off the table and spook the dog.

This would have to be set in the 20's because there's an "ace reporter." How Lois Lane of them.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...