From cinemablend, The Rock’s once promising movie career has now gone the route of Vin Diesel and his ear-biting duck. Sure The Pacifier made a lot of money, but has anyone seen Vin Diesel since then? Anyone?
For whatever insane reason, The Rock is now traveling down that same path with The Game Plan, another formulaic tough-guy bachelor gets softened by a cute kid movie. You’ve seen it before, and just in case you think you haven’t Disney has released the first trailer for the film. Watch it here and check off all the bland, formula movie moments as you go.
Here’s my list:
1. Cute kid is afraid of something. Tough guy father figure makes her feel better about it.
2. Cute kid and tough guy father figure make food together. Food splattering ensues.
3. Tough guy father figure tries to pawn cute kid off on someone else, and fails.
4. Cute kid interferes with father figure’s freewheeling bachelor lifestyle by destroying his possessions and humiliating him in front of his bachelor friends
5. Father figure starts to like having a daughter and embraces his new fatherhood lifestyle Roll credits.
After you’ve watched the trailer and thrown up in your mouth, see the movie’s even worse first teaser poster in high-res by clicking here.