Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Why I Don't Much Care for Kevin Pollack

Exhibit A:



Kevin Pollack has gotten under my skin for many, many years now. Just take a nice long look at that picture please. He's saying "Look at me. I'm not funny. My acting skills are mediocre at best. But I'm still in the movies! Ha ha ha!"

Kevin started his career as an unfunny comedian. When this didn't work out, he tried to be a serious actor. When this didn't work out, he found a nice little niche for himself in crappy-pappy sequels such as Waynes World 2, The Santa Clause 2, Dr. Doolittle 2 and the Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause.

Kevin Pollack bothers me.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Good lordy lord, what did we do before we had a blog to air our opinions? I love that the grievance here is a “don’t much care for” instead of a “hate.”

But then isn’t that exactly why Kevin Pollack is irksome? It’s as much about the odd niche he’s carved out: a mid-level, grudging kind of fame. “Appearing” in lots of movies but “starring” in none.

Kudos, Mr. Pants, for this adroit observation. May I also point out The Whole Ten Yards and Grumpier Old Men, sneaky sequels without numbers in them.

Okay, YES, ten is a number. You know what I meant.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

That Wolfman Jack pic that JPX posted inspired the Pollack bash. It got me thinking about being irritated, a subject very dear to my heart.

A few years ago there was a billboard pushing some Kevin Pollack sitcom (which never took off for obvious reasons) that I used to stare at while driving to work in Boston. I wish I could post a picture of it but I've already wasted too much of my life trying unsuccessfully to find it on the web. I don't even know what it was called.

Needless to say it drove me through the friggin' roof. On more than one occasion I would get honked at from the car behind me for not reacting to the light turning green as I was completely mesmerized by Kevin's smugger-than-smug smile.

JPX said...

Boy are you onto something here. Every time I look at this picture you posted I want to yell at that guy.

"You think you're so great don't you? Wipe that smile off your face, damnit!"

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...