Friday, May 25, 2007

Possible Indy IV spoilers (somewhat edited by JPX)

From CHUD, Earlier this week I brought you big news about Indiana Jones IV (still titled Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods, but that could change at a moment’s notice). I got more info than I shared with you, but I held it back for the simple fact that I don’t know what’s a spoiler and what’s not at this point. I only ran stuff that I felt would be revealed in trailers and basic synopses, such as the general plotline and characters.

When looking to back up what I ran earlier this week, IESB uncovered a piece of info that I sat on, and they reported it, so now I’m reporting it as well – Cate Blanchett is the baddie in the film, and she’s been seen in the last week running around in a Soviet military uniform (that’s some pre-production stuff, I believe, not actually shooting anything).

I’m glad that IESB backed up what I ran (nice ‘typo’ on their sourcing, by the way. I laughed!), but I am going to go on record saying that I am not 100% sure that the Area 51 scene is the opening. I’ve based that on some assumptions and Darabont’s draft.

Also, and this is probably a major spoiler: [deleted by JPX] – is the driving background of this story.
IESB promises to get some more info in the coming weeks. I think we’re on the verge of having this movie spoiled to shit already, so I’d like to plead to these guys to consider dialing it back a little, although it’s quite possible that they won’t run anything too major (and it’s possible that what I ran in the invisotext above was more spoilery than I intended. So beware of that info).

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...