Monday, September 28, 2009

A positive review for Survival of the Dead


From aintitcoolnews, I want to state up front that my expectations going into this movie were pretty low. I hated DIARY OF THE DEAD. And that’s not a word I use lightly. I felt it was a horrible film that made me embarrassed for Romero as a fan of his work. It’s possible that I walked away from his new movie impressed simply because he made a real movie again, but I don’t think so. I think he really stepped up to the plate this time out and delivered a fun movie.

But that’s kind of Romero’s M.O. The dude’s career is a rollercoaster. I’m a big fan of some of his non-Dead work like THE CRAZIES and MARTIN, but he’s had some horrible misfires in his heyday as well.

Read the rest here

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...