Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BREAKING: Conan O'Brien tells NBC to fuck itself


From thesuperficial, Conan O'Brien released a statement announcing he will not participate in NBC's decision to push The Tonight Show to 12:05 a.m. in order to accommodate a half-hour Jay Leno show at 11:35:

So it has come to this: I cannot express in words how much I enjoy
hosting this program and what an enormous personal disappointment it is for me to consider losing it. My staff and I have worked
unbelievably hard and we are very proud of our contribution to the
legacy of The Tonight Show. But I cannot participate in what I
honestly believe is its destruction. Some people will make the
argument that with DVRs and the Internet a time slot doesn't matter.
But with the Tonight Show, I believe nothing could matter more.

Somewhere Jimmy Fallon just came.

NOTE: For those of you following this debacle religiously, Deus Ex
Malcontent has an awesome audio clip of Patton Oswalt summing up why Jay Leno is a cash-hungry prick. And Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt
Sutter lays out a detailed plan for NBC to pull its head of its
peacock ass

6 comments:

DKC said...

I'm glad Conan is telling them to suck it. They totally messed with him and I can't stand Jay Leno. Let Conan go to some channel where he can be himself - funny!

Catfreeek said...

I totally agree, Leno is a freaking tool. I'm so glad Conan is standing for this bullshit!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've barely been paying attention to this. Am I the only person who sees them all as interchangeable? I like that Australian fella myself.

HandsomeStan said...

Interestingly enough, as a direct by-product of Leno vacating the 10pm slot, it means that more dramas will move back into those slots, and other shows mired in low-ish ratings at 8pm (ahem, mine), are going to move to 9 or 10 to fill those slots, and totally amp up their stories with more blood, guts, violence and gore that they couldn't otherwise get away with during the "family" 8pm slot.

While this sounds cool on the surface, it means that as a direct result of Jay Leno being a douchebag, I will now have to work much harder and be more stressed for the rest of the season.

Hate that guy.

(And get your syllables dusted off - there's somethin' brewin for tomorrow! Serious this time!)

Octopunk said...

When's Leno going to do something to get me more work, that's what I wanna know.

I took the dash out of "fuck." Cuz that's how we roll here.

HandsomeStan said...

Love that sh-t.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...