Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Sylvester Stallone Broke His Neck During "The Expendables" Shoot


From worstpreviews, Apparently Sylvester Stallone is so passionate about his "Expendables" film, that he's out there breaking his neck to get it made. Literally.

The 63-year-old actor/director revealed to FHM magazine that his fight scene with wrestling star Stone Cold Steve Austin became so "vicious" that he ended up getting surgery for his neck.

"It was seven guys, kicking each other's ass, one guy tougher than the next. No joke, our stunt guys were begging for mercy," Stallone said. "My fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking. I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck."

Stallone added that he aims for the violence to be as real as possible, even after his experience with Dolph Lundgren on "Rocky IV." He explained:

"I gave [Lundgren] orders to try to knock me out while the cameras were rolling. At one point, he hit me so hard on the top of the head I felt my spine compress. He then hit me with an almighty uppercut. That night my chest and heart started to swell, and I had to be helicopter-ambulanced from my hotel to a nearby emergency room. I was told that Dolph had punched my rib cage into my chest, compressing my heart. If it had swollen any more, I would have died."

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...