Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cartoon Jordan


I didn't comment on Johnny Sweatpants' sublime post from Monday only because the whole thing was so perfect that I didn't want to risk messing it up. But not only am I delighted that "Cartoon Jordan" is well-liked around here (after my fairly-subtle insinuation of the image etc.), it's especially good timing because I'm feverishly working on some animated cartoons that (once complete) I'll post here, and I was kind of getting freaked (as Octopunk will tell you) that I'd been working way too hard on something that I didn't have much assurance was funny or worthwhile (as one always worries while in the midst of a complicated project).

Anyway thank you all! The line about, literally, the line (the design of "Cartoon Jordan"'s mouth: "Jordan's mouth is the most expressive line ever rendered in Photoshop") was of course music to my ears. So, more "Cartoon Jordan" to come...

14 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Yay! Looking forward to more cartoon Jordan, too funny! I was wondering where you've been.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

That looks fantastic Jordan! I can't wait to see the finished product. And thanks for the compliment. I was worried that I had offended you. (I was thinking "there's no way he'd be offended but... maybe...")

Jordan said...

Are you kidding? "Offended"? It made my year! (Admittedly it's only Jan 21, but still.)

Jordan said...

I'm going to go conjure up some iced coffee (thanks to a Starbucks VIA packet)

::::::: g o n g :::::::

Octopunk said...

I love this pair of images. Both for the visible evolution (and also lack thereof, and I mean that in the best way), and for the mouth on "Jordan Orlando, Master of Iced Coffee." The line has become... a dot! Or maybe a really short line, it's hard to say.

Anyway, the expression is perfect. The effort of conjuring hasn't knocked Cartoon Jordan too far from his default expression, which is a nice contrast to the fact of the big costume change.

Octopunk said...

You know, 'thonners, Jordan has also made a cartoon me. Perhaps you can encourage an appearance.

JPX said...

I love cartoon Jordan and I definitely want to see cartoon Octo!

Jordan said...

"Evolution"....I think the "Master of Iced Coffee" sketch may be more recent than the movie frame.

Jumping up to another thread, to show Cartoon Octo!

Jordan said...

By the way, Octo, the discussion of the mouth drawing on the Iced Coffee cartoon nearly brings tears to my eyes, it's so gratifying. YES! That's exactly what I was going for.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

What is this "Master of Iced Coffee" business? Master at brewing it?

Jordan said...

Right, joke being that I'm being so solemn about such a trivial skill.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

The secret is to brew it stronger because the ice is going to dilute it, right?

Jordan said...

Well...the secret is to make some iced coffee. It's just not difficult, no matter how hard one tries to make it seem so. But that's, again, the joke: for somebody like me who works alone for many, many long hours, I can start doing weird things in my head like thinking of myself as the "master of iced coffee."

Octopunk said...

Wait... it's easy to make iced coffee? What the hell am I paying that witch doctor for?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...