Thursday, January 21, 2010

I really actually had this dream

So it turns out that Johnny Sweatpants and I happen to be travelling to the same city on the same day, although for different reasons. So Johnny says to me "Hey, instead of getting your own hotel room, why don't you crash in mine? We'll be asleep when you get in, but just come in and make yourself at home." Which is great, except that "we" means Johnny and his pet velociraptor.

So I'm stumbling around in this dark hotel room, trying to be quiet, but I'm also on the lookout for this lethal dinosaur that's supposed to be friendly, but you never know. Suddenly I'm aware of an animal's head bumping against my thigh -- I recoil in fear that my whole leg is about to get chomped, but it turns out Johnny also brought his dog, who is nuzzling me for attention.

Just before I wake up I see that the raptor is curled up next to Johnny in bed, fast asleep and also much smaller than those depicted in Jurassic Park. So everything's fine.

Thanks for that one, Johnny Sweatpants. You weirdo.

(Picture is the cover of Marvel's Runaways #6)

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

And I thought I was strange :)

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I've been pondering the significance of this and I gots nothing. AC or JPX? What does this dream tell us about Mr. Punk and myself?

AC said...

speaking as a person, that's the best dream ever. i've always wanted a pet dinosaur; ask mr. ac if you don't believe me. a velociraptor would be the perfect pet for monsieur pants.

speaking as a psychologist, that's the best dream ever. too bad jpx and i don't do the dream analysis type of therapy. all i can speak to are themes, eg friendship, anxiety, safety and reassurance overcoming the anxiety.

jpx, your thoughts?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Admittedly I have been sleeping with my stuffed screaming slingshot monkey but unfortunately no dinosaurs.

JPX said...

The pet velociraptor represents your apparent belief that there is duplicity to JSP, a Jekyll and Hyde if you will. Sure JSP comes off as a kind-hearted soul, but underneath the surface is a monster. Fortunately by the end of your dream,

“Just before I wake up I see that the raptor is curled up next to Johnny in bed, fast asleep and also much smaller than those depicted in Jurassic Park”,

you conclude that the evil part of JSP is much less than you initially feared and you’ve decided that you can trust him.
Take that Freud, snap!

Either that or you ate too much spicy Mexican before you went to bed.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

JPX, did you just say "snap"?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...