Monday, January 25, 2010

Cool swag


From slashfilm, Photographed above is a real deal, shrink-wrapped, limited-edition VHS for The House of the Devil, promoting its release on DVD/Blu-Ray early next month. It’s one of the coolest pieces of swag I’ve received for this column thus far; to my knowledge only a few peeps were sent one, including Devil-supporter Drew McWeeny at HitFix. And even fewer peers have watched the tape. Some are scared, others are sans VCR. I’ve seen last year’s best horror flick at least thirteen times now, so I’d rather keep it sealed. Similar to the wizard-bong approved THotD poster design by Kellerhouse last year, the VHS packaging has faux rental scruffs, in addition to a retro “new release” starburst. A disclaimer on the back reads, “Caution: This film contains Satanic references and graphic violence.” Haters would add: “…and so much pointless walking.”

I'll be picking this up from Amazon here

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Okay, I'm a little disappointed that the Amazon link wasn't to the VHS movie. That is some damn cool swag, somewhat lamed out by the fact that nobody has a designated VHS spot on their shelves anymore.

JPX said...

Hmmm, that link was supposed to go to the DVD/VHS package deal, I'll check it out.

Octopunk said...

Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...