Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catfreeek's 2009 Wrap Up


I thought watching & reviewing all those movies was a task. Trying to sift through them all and pick out a few favorites is a labor all in itself. Here's my 2009 bests.

Best All Around Film:

Let The Right One In

Visually Stunning & Artistic:

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Hidden Gem:

Fear(s) of the Dark

Most Disturbing:
This had to go to 2 films for me.
Martyrs
Hands down this is the most disturbing horror I've ever watched.

Dead Girl
However, this film left me with such an icky feeling it deserves an honorable mention.

Best Zombies:

Dead Snow

Just Plain Weird:

Unholy Women

Best Pipe in the Ass:

Frontiers

Scream Stud:

Pablo Parés - Plaga Zombie: Mutant Zone
Any guy who is covered head to toe in shit & blood and still looks good gets my vote.

Funniest Film:
Homebodies

Most Bizarre Film I've Ever Seen:

Executive Koala

So Bad It's Good:

Seytan

6 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Way to go Catfreeek! I went back and forth between Martyrs and Let the Right One In for best all around. Both were excellent and unique in very different ways.

Also thanks for the reminder of "Fears in the Dark". I'm saving it for October.

Catfreeek said...

Maybe you like this Flo better? JSP, kiss my grits!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'll take it!

Catfreeek said...

She has bigger hair.

Octopunk said...

You guys are weird.

Great wrapup, Cat, way to deliver. The one-two punch of Executive Koala and Seytan at the end is a hoot.

JPX said...

Nice work, Cat! Yes, I prefer this Flo better. I'm not sure if I've ever completed a Horrorthon wrap-up. At some point I become lazy and then it just feels like homework. I think this is why I don't write grants (well, one of the reasons, at least).

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...