Thursday, January 07, 2010

"Spider-Man 4" to be Delayed by Several Months


From worstpreviews, Yesterday, Sony Pictures confirmed that it is struggling to make the May 6th, 2011 release for "Spider-Man 4," but will still try to do whatever is necessary to make it happen, since the weekend is a big money-maker.

Now comes word from Josh Jaggars, the senior VFX producer on the movie, that the film is definitely delayed and that employees should feel free to go out looking for other work. And check out the name of the movie in his email. When I first heard (about a month ago) that the title may end up being "Spider-M4N," I thought it was a joke. I guess it isn't.

Here is the full email via DeadlineHollywood:

Hi there.
So, it’s official. "Spider-Man 4" has been pushed back several months, both the start of shooting and the release date. At this time, we have no official start date, so I would encourage all of you to look for other work.

If/when the situation changes, either Rachelle, Spencer, or I will be in touch.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

--

Josh R. Jaggars
Sr. VFX Producer
SPIDER-M4N

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Yes! I have a question back here!

Octopunk said...

I don't, of course, I just liked the weird way that post ended.

Excellent illustration pic, too.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...