Saturday, January 30, 2010

Catfreeek's 2008 Wrap Up

Wrapping the Cat

So it's taken me over a year to get motivated to do a wrap up for 2008. There are just so many on that list, it's intimidating. I even ignored JSP's constant prodding and kept putting it off. As I sat here today doing virtually nothing because it's too cold out I thought that maybe it was time. So here goes nothing.

Best Overall film:

The Orphanage
Unanimously chosen by numerous thonners. The acting is superb.

Biggest Blood Bath & Most Disturbing:

Inside
Mad woman with scissors.

Most Obscure:

Fausto 5.0
An unexpected discovery.

Funniest:

Mr. Vampire
Hopping Vampires.

Worst Original Idea Ever:

Buttcrack
Speaks for itself.

Best Drive-in Movie:

Mansion of the Doomed
Basement full of people with empty eye sockets. Need I say more?

Most Twisted:

May
I loved this film in all it's twisted glory.

Most Beautifully Shot & Artsy:

Onibaba
A work of art.

Sickest FX:

Meatball Machine
Crazy, crazy stuff.

Scream Queen & Scream Stud:

Sarah Lassez - Mad Cowgirl
Sexy, but crazy as all hell.

Michael Teh - Lost Colony: The Legend of Roanoke
Bad movie, hot guy.

2009 Wrap up coming soon.

10 comments:

It Builds Character. said...

Good call on all the ones I've seen.

Is anyone planning on doing a review of Martyrs? It was released in France in 2008 and came out on dvd in the US in 2009. I just saw it a few nights ago and it really f***ed me up for a few days. Just curious. I'm only starting to feel okay enough to look around online about it.

Catfreeek said...

Really appreciating your input here IBC. Martyrs was reviewed this year by both myself and Johnny Sweatpants. A few others have watched it but no reviews yet :(

Whirlygirl said...

Great list, Cat! I fell in love in Onibaba in Horrorthon 2008. I still often think about the grass.

"Buttcrack"...priceless.

Whirlygirl said...

Oh my god! I just realized your avatar is Flo! Haha!! Progressive is my insurance carrier, and I've almost canceled a hundred times because of my hatred for her.

Catfreeek said...

I figured it would make everyone nuts. I tried to find the most irritating picture of her.

JPX said...

You have no idea how much I hate Flo!!!

Catfreeek said...

Don't kill me JPX :)

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Catfreeek if you don't change your avatar I will hop the next plane and force you to at gunpoint.

Great roundup! I love the pictures you chose. I was about to give you shit about 2009 but lo and behold...

(Now that I think about it, the east coast is far too cold right now for my sensitive Californian ass so I'll have to resort to anthrax in the mail and the like.)

It Builds Character. said...

Thanks for the links! I'm definitely going to be sitting on this one for awhile. Maybe I can watch it again sometime soon.

Octopunk said...

Sweeet! I am no longer the last person to review 2008 material. Thanks Cat!

Excellent title pic, and a slew of great image choices afterwards. And it's great to get movie picks from you, you who have seen so much from beyond the borders of our dusty reality. Nice work.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...