Friday, June 11, 2010

Final project for Mudbox

My classes are over! For the semester anyway, and I'm taking the summer off. My crossover into the Dark Side (as my stop-motion colleagues like to call the world of CG) is well under way, and it's been a good time. (It's also been exhausting, since I enrolled in three classes and then got a job I've had fifty-something hour weeks. Bleah.)

I call this guy Thorn. I wanted to do a realistic old man's face so I could get practice sculpting wrinkles and textures (you can see more detail if you click on the pictures). Realism is a marketable skill to cultivate, too.

But I also gave him crazy head because I wanted to play around with alien-y looking stuff.

And after going for a realistic paint job, I goofed around with some garish colors. This is "Voodoo Thorn."

8 comments:

JPX said...

Fantastic! You have come a long way with this stuff in a very short peiord of time, well done! How soon before I can buy an action figure of this guy?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Yeah, that's great shit, Octo! Thorn would make a worthy super vilain.

Jordan said...

Dude, that looks fucking great!

How did you texture it? How did you get those colors where you wanted them?

Catfreeek said...

He's incredible Octo, damn I wish I was in that class too. Great stuff, really great!

50PageMcGee said...

great job, dude -- i love the cross-wrinkle detail on thorn's forehead.

my question is, how long before the first episode of "the Animated Adventures of Horrorthon," and can you make my character with a long flowing cape?

Octopunk said...

So gay.

HandsomeStan said...

I call Ultimate Warrior facepaint and horns for myself.

Brilliant stuff, Octo!

DKC said...

No capes!

This guy is amazing, bro. Not that I expected anything less!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...