Thursday, June 24, 2010

For The Lushes: Single-Serve Wine Glasses



From geekology, Do you like wine? I think wine is fine. As hell. I like pinot noir. Also, anything else with alcohol in it (except liver). And now you can buy wine by the disposable glassful! Hey -- lemme get a lil sippy-sippy.

the inventor of this disposable stemware actually took it on a show dedicated to finding cool new products, and it was rejected. The joke's on them; they're blowing up over in the UK. At £2.25 a glass (~$3.40) they're not exactly cost effective...

...cost aside, the real advantage is in the simple fact that it's sealed and good to go. The foil top is like a yogurt container's, keeping your wine fresh and your legal status legit.

I, for one, am not ashamed to admit I would double-fist pound the hell out of those things. And not like a dino either. Dammit, now I want some wine. And dino-sex. Quick, somebody distract me. HIYO, penis in my face!

3 comments:

DKC said...

Sign me UP!

Octopunk said...

I want to mock it but it seems like a decent idea. I wonder if they're actually glass.

I also wonder if they come in a six-pack, because that would outdo wine in a box for faux classy/not classy/ironic classy.

Catfreeek said...

Gadget Lab says: "The glasses, actually recyclable plastic, come pre-filled with 187ml (6.3-ounces) of Shiraz, Chardonnay or rose and have a peel-off foil lid. They cost £2.25 each ($3.37), which makes them more expensive than buying the same wine by the bottle (four glasses add up to £9, whereas the bottle is £4.50)."

Read More http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/single-serve-takeaway-wine-glasses-intoxicate-britain/#ixzz0rsTi26e1

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...