Friday, June 11, 2010

Want



From toplessrobot, Wicked Lasers has made the world's deadliest laser. This is noteworthy for several reasons.

1) They put the laser in a lightsaber hilt.
2) The beam is blue, like Luke's first lightsaber.
3) The laser blinds people "permanently and instantly."
4) It also sets people's flesh on fire when it hits them.
5) It's -- and this is the best part -- available to purchase by anyone for only $200

So we're still having trouble with the "blade" aspect of the lightsaber, but setting people's flesh on fire via laser is a significant step forward. I mean, a laser that just slices through flesh can't be that far behind, right? Hopefully Wicked Lasers will get on this quickly, because I fully expect these things to be declared illegal as soon as some nerd accidentally sets his little brother's face on fire with one.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Blind people permanently and instantly? Available to everyone?That sucks!

The only reason I'd get one of these would be to deflect the beam of someone trying to blind me.

Catfreeek said...

I'm with Octo, if I see some kid sporting a blue laser in a light saber hilt I'm running for the hills.

HandsomeStan said...

I've often pondered what would be the best weapon for self-defense in the home against intruders. Baseball bat? Gun?

I think I found the answer.

The cops would be totally impressed when I showed them the smoking, skeletal husk of the burglar.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...