Friday, June 11, 2010

HHD: What a Concept! and the winner is...


Okay, so I was tossed on whether or not to go with this topic. I know it requires thinking which makes it a little difficult. Then I thought, this blog is loaded with wit and original thought so I went for it. I'm very pleased with the outcome. Although some of you were sorely missed, those who participated put out some really great stuff.

Here are my favorites from each of you:

AC

new paul rudd project
he dates a psychologist
i could learn to act

I hear ya!

JPX

Take the show "Hoarders"
Combine it with Catfreeek's life
Great television

Although against JPX's deepest desires I maintain that I am not a hoarder. Still hilarious, well done.

JSP

“Deep Fried Memories”
Fat guys discuss food fondly
Everybody wins

I can not only envision this on public access, I can totally see JSP watching it. DVRing it even, he'd never miss an episode.

Octo

"Sarah and Sarlacc"
Shotgun no help, Sarlacc burps
Everybody wins

I would pay to see this.

Stan

Fat blonde pop singer
Runs, jumps, and kills aliens
Crap - it's happening

I was hoping for a few more out of you but even with only two entries you still made me laugh.


Scene from "Fatso" that is the closest to JSP's vision that I could ever imagine. (About 4 minutes in)

I was truly tossed between the two brothers but in the end I just had to give it to JSP because I still can't stop laughing when I think about “Deep Fried Memories”. Congratulations Johnny, you have the whole weekend to come up with a great topic.

9 comments:

Octopunk said...

Congrats Johnny Sweatpants! I really liked that one myself. You could probably pitch that show with just the content of the haiku.

Great topic Cat! As I mentioned in the thread, I meant to add more but zonked out.

HandsomeStan said...

I second the motion - an inspirational topic, and an even more inspirational winner! Congrats, Pants - we should probably start storyboarding.

I knew I had more in me, but Wednesday became Stan Calls All The Wedding Vendor People Because MrsX Was Busy At Work Day. I was overwhelmed and couldn't get my brain into high enough gear.

But the hilarity was palpable!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I also intended to submit more but had other bidniss that demanded my attention. But that doesn't matter now because - I WON!!! In your faces bitches and bitchettes! Winning HHD just never gets old.

Stan, you're really going through with this wedding thing? I thought you were merely trying to get attention. Do you have a date yet?

HandsomeStan said...

I do - May 20th, 2011, Newport, RI.

We're still playing around with the numbers and overall size of the thing, but I may be asking for some addresses from some of you rascals very soon.

Pants, you're locked in either way, so get ready. More info when we talk on the telephone-y device thing.

Catfreeek said...

So excited for you Stan, finally making the leap. Hope we make the cut :)

AC said...

congratulations johnny sweatpants!!! i thought you had the win with your dexter haiku.

and congratulations handsome stan on moving forward with wedding planning! very exciting.

Catfreeek said...

The Dexter haiku was great as well, but I could just see the joy in Johnny's face watching those fat guys. He does so love a good fat guy.

DKC said...

Wait a second - you're getting married in Newport?!?! May I inquire as to the venue?

HandsomeStan said...

Why yes - we've settled on Belle Mer on Goat Island, in the Salon.

Do I sense a random connection coming on?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...