Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Koontz continues to believe he is king

From Darkhorizons, "Focus Features and Random House are teaming to bring an adaptation of Dean Koontz's upcoming novel "The Husband" to the bigscreen reports Variety.

Project follows an ordinary man whose love for his wife is put to a harrowing series of tests over a 60-hour period, beginning when his peaceful workday is shattered by a phone call from a stranger.

"Husband," which will be published in May, is now headed for immediate development. Koontz says "I feel very confident in turning this project over to them. Because the people at Focus understand both story and subtext, they make narratively engaging, intelligent movies"."

7 comments:

JPX said...

On my recent trip to California I decided to take a chance on a Koontz book. I hadn't read one since forever but recalled that I enjoyed Phantoms in my youth. I read Life Expectancy on the plane and it was awful, AWFUL! I hated the plot, I hated the charaters, and I hated how it all ended. Obviously I couldn't write my way out of a paper bag but even I could recognize that he sucks. Fool me once, er twice, er a lot of times. Shut up!

Octopunk said...

My dad, of all people, has turned into a big fan of Dean R. Koontz. But I haven't read anything by him since high school.

JPX said...

The thing about Koontz is that the plot summaries on the back of his novels are always intriguing, but the actual stories are not nearly as interesting. I remember liking Dark Falls back in the day, but I have no idea if it holds up. Koontz seems to publish new books twice a year.

What ever happened to Clive Barker? - he showed such promise back in the day.

Octopunk said...

Oh, he did not.

JPX said...

Come on, Hellraiser is cool! So is, well, Hellraiser is cool!

Octopunk said...

Sigh. Okay, you're right. But his writing just was never as supreme as the hype. He's kind of like Philip K. Dick, in that he comes up with ideas that are weird but not necessarily that interesting.

JPX said...

"he comes up with ideas that are weird but not necessarily that interesting." Good point.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...