Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Takashi Miike freaks out Showtime

From Bloody disgusting, "Takashi Miike made an episode of “Masters of Horror” titled “Imprint” - but it freaked Showtime out, and we Americans will have to wait a few months before it’s issued on region-one DVD.
But the Bravo Channel in the U.K. didn’t puss out, and colorcast it tonight in all its bloody glory. “Chainsaw” has a review.
WOW, Takashi Miike leaves a further "Imprint" on my brain. I for one was affected quite a bit by Audition but felt it was a masterpiece of light and darkness be it with a loose wire here and there.

Harry if you use this call me Chainsaw, I just found some fuel, the saw is operational and the blood is VERY RED!!!

So we hear stories from the US about Showtime not airing this particular episode from our good friend Miike. So we think ahh what a bunch of pussies... I mean how bad can it be it was made for bloody TV... So tired though I am with the haunting of Audition peering out from my left pussy ocular, I sit down to watch Bravo UK and all that is Takashi.

Those not wishing to read spoilers you may leave your shoes at the door right there, for the rest c'mon in the sake is warm and bloody. I don't want to spoil the story but to summarize Billy Drago plays a man searching for his "long lost" girlfriend using clues in what seems like a stage in the old east, that being where Ninja's rule the earth and Darth V@d@r lies dead with a shuriken star sticking out his voice box. A clue brings Drago to a desolate island and we begin the Takashi nightmare with a floating bloated corpse, that aint just fog in the air...

Drago finds himself in a whorehouse and the night air brings a meeting with a young girl who definitely stands out with a smile. You see Drago's old girlfriend happened to chance upon this island and befriended this young girl who works there spreading more than her butter on toast. She tells the girl how she is waiting for Drago as he promised to find her and take her back to America ala Air Support. So the young girl recounts two versions of the same story with a bit of a nod to Hero style scriptwriting and end up with a nasty twisted affair that would you believe shocked me. Yes me the lover of blood and gore, and Cannibal Holocaust still the most shocking movie ever to burn the retinas out of my eyes.

We have shock torture via pins under fingernails and through gums, abortion country style using bare hands, bloody aborts heading downstream, and a twin sister who should just stay hidden.

That's it I have spoilt it enough but will sum up by saying SEE THIS EPISODE, I LOVED IT. Bloody, Messy and Disturbing just like my coffee.

I have a feeling the force will be strong with this one on the torrenty streams of the big bad internet. The demand will be high for this episode be it as 1's and 0's streaming into your PC, or the preferred and legal way via uncut DVD.

Thanks Takashi, as usual you don't disappoint, like a mallet to the head. If this does not make any sense I am not surprised, it is the wee hours of the morning as I type...

The fuel runs out, the saw grinds to a halt, the drip of blood to the floor is the only sound to be left..."

2 comments:

JPX said...

At a time when Showtime is becoming increasingly irrelevant, it seems like a really stupid move to play it safe.

On a related note, I watched Stuart Gordon's entry in this Masters of Horror series, H.P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch House, and I was underwhelmed. In fact, it kind of sucked. Kinda.

Octopunk said...

They're CABLE! Why are they pulling anything? That's just wrong.

Too bad about Witch House. That's the one where the dude rents a room and there's a witch lair directly above him, right? The story's pretty good.

Too bad about this article, too. I can't stand it when rhythm and syntax are lost in the name of a dumb joke. Like here: "Drago finds himself in a whorehouse and the night air brings a meeting with a young girl who definitely stands out with a smile. You see Drago's old girlfriend happened to chance upon this island and befriended this young girl who works there spreading more than her butter on toast." Oh, I get it. She's an attractive prostitute. I had to read that twice to figure it out, because this guy wants to be Eric Idle's "nudge nudge" character, but without the irony.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...