Friday, April 07, 2006

Octopunk stays up really late.


I just really wanted to get my lego stuff uploaded, is all. Check out my Brickshelf page for a bunch of the new pictures I took last weekend. You can tell the new stuff because the backgrounds are much whiter. I particularly recommend the Nova Blade and the Zeppelin.

Meanwhile, let me mention this: whenever I finish a new lego creation, when I finally get it perfect, for a while afterwards it's like I have a crush on the thing. I bring it with me places so I can constantly look at it and pick it up. Well, the other day while I was packing up my stuff to go get it photogrified, I whipped out these two little robots -- and I can't get enough of them! They're so small and easy, when I realized I'd left them at Adam's on Monday, I just built another pair. I threw the necessary parts in my pocket and assembled them on the train to work.

I don't even have an idea of what they're for, but I do know that when they raise up on their wheels like that, they go really fast.

2 comments:

JPX said...

Those are nifty, they look like little HALs. Wow, imagine HAL with mobility?

Octopunk said...

I tried a couple of arm ideas on them, but I liked the shape of them the way they are. So if that were HAL, he'd only be able to follow you around saying "I can't let you do that, Dave." And maybe knock over the coffee cart.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...