Monday, January 26, 2009

Bijou Phillips knows the history of psychiatry, you don't!


In a recent interview with Paper Magazine, Scientologist Bijou Phillips went off on psychiatric medication, basically telling everybody with depression to just man up. Us Weekly reports:

"My grandparents didn't take any pills, and they were fine," Phillips said in the February issue of Paper. "Just buck up and get over it. Stop being such a f---king pansy."

The budding actress frequents Scientology-sponsored events and spoke out against psychiatry and prescribing patients with medication for such mental illnesses as depression or anxiety.

Yeah, I usually find the best treatment for people with depression is to call them a fucking pansy as well. Because no amount of medication or psychiatric help can compete with just telling somebody to stop being depressed. It works for other things too. Just the other day I saw a guy running around on fire screaming for help and I was like "Hey, quit it!" So then he fell to the ground, stopped moving, and the fire eventually went out. I never saw him again once the paramedics pulled the white sheet over his face, but I bet he's doing great now.

[JPX] Hmmm. I work in a Mood Disorders clinic and I can honestly say that I've never tried this approach. From now on I'm just going to tell my patients to suck it up. Thanks, Bijou Phillips!

1 comment:

nowandzen said...

I would like to say something but.. seriously this girl is too stupid to even bother with. I see a dark cloud in her future.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...