Monday, January 26, 2009

Final "Watchmen" Soundtrack Details


From darkhorizons,

Music From The Motion Picture Watchmen track-listing is as follows:

Desolation Row - My Chemical Romance
Unforgettable - Nat King Cole
The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan
The Sound Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Me & Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
I'm Your Boogie Man - KC & The Sunshine Band
You're My Thrill - Billie Holiday
Pruit Igoe & Prophecies - The Philip Glass Ensemble
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Ride of the Valkyries - Budapest Symphony Orchestra
Pirate Jenny - Nina Simone*
*used in the end credits of the "Tales From The Black Freighter" DVD.

1 comment:

nowandzen said...

Music looks relevant to the theme and times and is a trend among many movies to take the Simon And Garfunkel approach to add some validity and romance to a movie. Normally I would look at a soundtrack like this and say "really?" The music editor took a very easy road approach but considering the source content I think it works. I am glad there is some Philip Glass in there and a little sprinkle of Flight of the Valkyrie. I personally prefer that style for a movie like this but hey, you gotta sell cds right?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...