Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sam Jackson No Longer Nick Fury


From darkhorizons, Samuel L. Jackson won't be appearing as Nick Fury in future Marvel Studios features says The Los Angeles Times.

The actor, who made a cameo as the character in a post-credits scene of "Iron Man", says talks about him returning to the role have broken down.

"There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don't know. Maybe I won't be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won't be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], 'We're not making that deal.'"

Asked about it, the studio said "Marvel does not comment on active negotiations".

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Marvel tried to lowball Samuel Jackson? I bet it's because The Spirit sucked.

Too bad. In the Ulitmate Marvel universe, Nick Fury is drawn as Samuel Jackson. And they even bring this up when Nick and the Ultimates (Avengers) are discussing who would play them in the movies.

nowandzen said...

I'm glad personally. Jackson is in too many movies for me, kind of like DeNiro in the 90's. Great actor but I prefer someone with a little lesser known personality that doesn't overwhelm the role.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...