Friday, January 09, 2009

Sam Raimi Wants Morbius in Spider-Man 4


From slashfilm, Sam Raimi revealed his pick for the villain for Spider-Man 4 in the latest issue of Empire Magazine.

“I like it in the Marvel comics when Spider-Man fights Morbius,” said Raimi. “He’s really cool. A vampire! I like that combination of superhero plus supernatural.”

As /Film reader Christopher M (who submitted the story) points out, it might make sense to use him along with The Lizard since both characters “use the same technology but have different animals involved in their research… one having blended with a lizard the other a vampire bat.”

6 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Morbius is my favorite Marvel character. I actually have the entire original Morbius comic book series. That would be great if they put him in the movie, I haven't collected comic books in years but a possible revival of Morbius might drag me back into it.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Who the hell is Morbius?

Catfreeek said...

Oh for cryin' out loud JSP will you get with the program already. Don't you know your Marvel characters? I think you're just trying to make us feel old, jerk!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Alright I do remember him, but only peripherally. If it was up to me I'd have Shocker as the next movie (which will most likely suck).

Octopunk said...

Well jeez, it will if they follow your haphazard suggestions! Shocker? Laaaame.

I definitely think the Lizard needs to show since they've had Curt Connors in the background all this time.

Catfreeek said...

I totally agree Octo and it's very logical to have Morbius show up as well. Shocker, huh!

What I'd really like to see is for them to play out the Maximum Carnage series once they've introduced all the characters that have a hand in it. Carnage is the ultimate badass.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...