Sunday, April 04, 2010

Have a weird Easter!


Circa 1976; JPX, JSP and sister sit with the creepiest Humpty Dumpty ever at the Enchanted Forest

For me, Easter is a strange holiday. It's apparently a very important religious holiday among some people but we never viewed it as such growing up. In our household Easter meant that we would be hunting for Easter baskets via a series of increasingly challenging clues and wearing our Sunday best while spending time with a few nearby relatives. Any holiday that doesn't involve getting a day off from work is a worthless holiday if you ask me. Stupid Jesus haaaaaaad to come back to life on a Sunday.


JSP always feared the Easter bunny

7 comments:

Catfreeek said...

I remember that creepy Humpty Dumpty.

Catfreeek said...

Oh and talk about weird, my family still hides eggs for the kids. Zeke is the youngest "kid" left, he's 17. Apparently if you're under 30 in my family you get to hunt for Easter eggs.

The Mr. said...

That Humpty is scaring me

Whirlygirl said...

That is the creepiest Easter Bunny I've ever seen.

DKC said...

I agree, Whirly! It looks like something out of The Wicker Man.

Octopunk said...

That Easter Bunny is bad but the Humpty Dumpty outcreeps it by a million. I was so amped to read that was you guys and not some random internet picture.

Whirlygirl said...

The Humpty is definitely freaky, but the Easter Bunny has always scared the hell out of me.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...