Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Epiplectic Enterprise


First off, DCD, I loved the haiku topic, and there were definitely some gems this week. I tried coming up with something, but just couldn't muster the mojo this time around. While I was searching for inspiration, I came across a link for this hilarious rendition of the Star Trek Tribble episode, as if it were a story written and illustrated by Edward Gorey. I thought you all would get a kick out of this.

Link.

Included with the images is a clip from from a Boston Globe article (circa 1978) with quotes from Gorey, himself. From the article:

"Edward Gorey watched television for the first time this summer, or so he claims, and in the process, the 52-year-old artist became a 'Star Trek' fan. He watched the science-fiction program re-runs twice a day, five days a week, and once on the sixth day, and despite this faithful viewing, he has yet to see the TV show's most famous episode, 'The Trouble With Tribbles.'"

2 comments:

JPX said...

Excellent! I like the Dr. McCoy statement the most. This makes me want to go back and watch that episode again. I purchased ST:TOS season 2 last year after being inspired by Jordan and JSP. I loved it. I want to pick up the first season but I'm waiting to get it for a good price - these Trek season sets are expensive!

DKC said...

That is so great. I have always loved Gorey. I also like the Dr. McCoy one as well as the Lt Hura is in disgrace - that one looks so Gorey-ish. Very cool find, 50P!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...