Monday, April 05, 2010

Charlie's dead


From iwatchstuff, That little desk speaker thing has gone quiet.

John Forsythe--Charlie of Charlie's Angels and Bill Murray's old corpse boss with the golf ball in his head in Scrooged--has died after a year-long battle with cancer. CNN reports:

"He was 92 years old and, thankfully, he died as he lived his life... with dignity and grace," his family said in the statement.
Forsythe is known as the voice of "Charlie" in the original television series "Charlie's Angels" and the two feature films, "Charlie's Angels" and "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle." Forsythe also portrayed Blake Carrington in "Dynasty."

Out of respect for his memory, I will refrain from going into the contradiction in mentioning "dignity" and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle in consecutive sentences.

7 comments:

DKC said...

Aw, that's too bad. Poor Charlie.

Octopunk said...

Repsectful: Rest in peace, Mr. Forsythe, you will be missed.

Not-so: I hope the little speaker still continues to broadcast his voice... from Beyond!

Jordan said...

CHARLIE: "Angels, I hope you've got your bathing suits ready, because your next assignment will send you to Bermuda."

SABRINA: "Charlie, what should we do when we get there?"

CHARLIE: "How the hell should I know? I'm dead!"

Octopunk said...

Ha ha!

JPX said...

I spent all last summer watching Charlie's Angels since it was a definite hole in my pop culture knowledge. Although it's a fun, very stupid show, I was stuck by how many characters were replaced. The 'Angels' changed every season and there was never the same line-up twice. Great jiggle TV.

Jordan said...

It's one of those shows like Six Million Dollar Man or Dallas or Love Boat where you just cannot believe how stupid and badly done it all is. No wonder Steven Bochco was so successful, later.

JPX said...

It's funny you mention that - I never got to watch The Six Million Dollar Man as a kid but I recently acquired the entire run of the show and I've been going through them - great, stupid stuff!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...